Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pasta Rollie, Roller Master

I absolutely love Italian food. I am half Italian so I’m betting pasta sauce just runs in my veins. I’d like to think that I am actually good at cooking Italian food, well when I actually do cook. My husband does all the cooking in our house; he likes to cook and he’s pretty darn good at it so I let him. Ha ha.

Since spaghetti and meat sauce was already on our food calendar for the day, I thought what the heck I’ll just make some pasta instead of using store bought. Eric and I made homemade raviolis the other day and they were amazing. I had forgotten how amazing, melt in your mouth, goodness fresh pasta is.

Ava kept asking me about a million questions about what I was doing; she kept saying “That’s not how Daddy makes pizza dough.” Every time I cook Ava always makes a comment like, “Ohhhh Daddy’s letting you cook Mommy?” And “Good job Mommy! You’re doing it all by yourself!” She sure knows how to make you feel real good, ha ha.

But, my pasta turned out amazing by the way as usual. My Grandma and Grandpa would be proud.

Rolling out pasta is a pretty hard workout, but I guess if you're not all sweaty after doing it you're definitely not doing it right. My arms are still a little sore.

Ahh, how pretty. Looks a little more like linguini then spaghetti but that's okay. 

Yum, now that's some melt in your mouth pasta. If you have never tried fresh pasta you really need to make some. It's not as hard as you would think it is, just do it already.

Oh and I also can make a kick ass bruschetta. By far my favorite meal. If I was on death row, that would be my last meal...well that and cheese fondue but that obsession is for another time.  


Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment